Russia is our second home. We have experts competent not only in issues related to visas, but also in other areas related to your stay in Russia. In addition, our visa center is the most convenient in all of Switzerland!

How do I know which type of visa I need?

Information about all visa types can be found on our website. Or use our 24/7 hotline. Our experts advise you competently and work out with you, which option would be the best – and most cost-effective.

Do I need a visa to travel to Russia?

Yes. If you are a citizen of Switzerland, EU, UK you need a valid visa to travel to Russia. We will help you from A to Z!

What documents do I need to receive a Russian visa?

  • Original passport (valid for at least 6 months))
  • New passport photo (3.5 x 4.5cm)
  • A signed application form for a visa (fill out online here)
  • Proof of medical insurance for the duration of your trip
  • A letter of invitation (you can receive from us)
  • For non-Canadian nationals: a copy of the residence permit
  • Order form for Bornpower GmbH

What is an inviting organization? What is the reference number?

You are filling out an application for a visa and have encountered difficulties? Please use information below:

  • Inviting organization: Swiss Service
  • Address: Moscow
  • Referenznummer: 014803
  • Confirmation no.: 4803

Where do I need to send the documents?

Send us all documents with this order form by registered mail or you can personally bring them to us!

How much will the Russian visa cost?

The cost varies with the type of visa and the number of trips. For a simple tourist visa we charge only 150 CHF.

What is included in the price?

  • Review and completion of documentation
  • Visit to the Russian consulate in Toronto (twice)
  • Consular fees
  • A letter of invitation (voucher)
  • Insured shipment of visa by mail
  • MWST 8%

I do not have an international passport; can I travel with an identity card?

No. A visa is a “sticker” and is pasted in the passport. You need a passport for traveling to Russia.

Can I get a visa with a temporary passport?

Yes. If you need to travel to Russia in the near future, but you do not have a valid visa, you can receive a temporary passport at the local government bodies (usually within one day). Then we can make you a visa – if needed within 2 days only!

How long does the consideration of my application for a visa take?

Period of consideration of tourist visa takes a maximum of 10 days after receipt of the passport. We can also arrange an urgent visa within 2-4 days. Arrangement of an invitation letter takes just 1 hour.

I am traveling to Russia by car, do I need something special?

Not much, but that’s is very important! When filling out the electronic form, in the section “purpose of travel” select “auto tourism” (not just “tourism”). We will indicate this in your letter of invitation. Then you will not have problems on your trip.No vehicle documents or vehicle insurance are required in order to apply for your visa. However, you may need to present the documents at the border and during your trip. For any questions please contact us by phone.

What is a transit visa?

Transit visa is valid for only 72 hours. The letter of invitation is not required to receive a transit visa; however you will need a visa of the destination country or tickets for the entire route. We will gladly assist you in obtaining a transit visa (Cost: 130 CHF).

Do I need to book a hotel or buy plane tickets to receive a visa?

No. You can purchase tickets or book a hotel regardless of whether you have a visa. But, of course, the travel dates must be within the validity period of the visa.

What is a letter of invitation, and do I need one?

To apply for a visa to Russia, you definitely should have a letter of invitation. Official tourist invitation consists of two parts:first one, the so-called “confirmation” (visa support letter) and the second one – “voucher.” The invitation can only be arranged by a Russian travel agency, registered by the Russian Federal Agency for Tourism and having a special number for future reference. Note: having a booked room in a hotel is NOT enough! We charge 35 EUR for composing an invitation letter.

I already have a letter of invitation. Can I entrust you to visit the consulate in Bern?

Of course! Simply attach your invitation to the rest of the documentation. We charge 130 CHF for this service, including the consular fee (for accelerated processing of documents, 190 CHF).

During my trip do I have to adhere precisely to the dates specified in the visa?

No. For example, your visa is valid from November 15 until November 25. You can enter the country on November 17 and leave the country on November 23. Important: in no case can you leave the country on November 25!

Why is there a difference in the cost of visas for citizens of EU and non-EU citizens?

The European union signed an agreement with Russia on visa processing simplification.The difference in cost is in Consular fees. Cost of our services is the same for every occasion.

I would like to receive a visa by myself in Toronto. What should I do?

In addition to documents mentioned above, you will need a paid receipt and, of course, a letter of invitation, which you can order from us by email. More information can be found on the website of the Consulate.

What should I do after I receive a visa?

Check all the details! If your visa contains any errors, please contact us immediately! We will fix it at once. If you do not do this, then in the event that your visa contains an error, you will be prohibited to enter the country, bornpower gmbh is not liable for this.

Do I have to register upon arriving in Russia?

Only if you want to remain in the country for more than 7 days. Registration may be carried out in various ways. Hotel guests can do it at the reception desk in their hotel, for those travelling on their own the easiest way is to do it through the postal office. When registering by mail it is necessary to present a copy of the passport,a copy of the visa and migration card, as well as address and phone number of residence. Important: follow the prescribed period – 7 days! Otherwise, it can bring you a lot of trouble, including financial ones.

I am going on a cruise and will stay in St. Petersburg for 2-3 days. Do I need a visa for this, if so, with how many entries into the country?

If you are making a trip with an organized tour group, you do not need a visa.If you want to take a trip by yourself, then visa is required. Even if you leave the ship several times, it is considered as one entry.

I would like to study in Russia. What should I do?

In addition to the documents that are required for a tourist visa, we would also need the original invitation from your school / university. Sounds complicated? Do not worry! Contact us and we will solve everything for you.

Still have questions? Our 24/7 support service will be glad to help.

Das Passwort wurde zurückgesetzt!

Eine Anmeldung mit dem neuen Passwort ist nun möglich